Resources for International Students

The best resource for grants to study abroad at the University of Connecticut School of Law is your own country. Aside from this, “Financial Aid for International Students” may be found on International students who are on a student visa do not qualify for tuition remission grants or Federal Stafford Loans or GRAD Plus Loans.

Your own government may have financial aid available and may require that you return home after your education is complete. Contact the cultural section of your embassy or your ministry of education for more information, since there are many awards which require you to be nominated by your government.

The only alternative financing available in the United States is through a private lender/bank. Most lenders require a co-signer who is a US citizen. Approval of these loans is made independently by the lending institution after the University of Connecticut School of Law certifies enrollment and cost of attendance. Contact the Student Finance Office for additional information about the private loan application process.