Students are eligible to receive financial assistance up to the cost of attendance. Students applying for grants and loans must complete the application for financial assistance. Financial aid is awarded separately for June term classes. Summer applications for aid will be available in April 2016. Grant assistance is NOT awarded for June term classes.
Use the following checklist to be sure that your application is completed on time. Award letters will be sent to accepted students beginning mid-March.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) School code: E00387.
- FAFSA has been entered on the web and received by the federal processor. If a tax return has not yet been completed/filed, use estimated income.
- Student Application for Financial Assistance (2016-2017). It is important to review the Financial Assistance Application Instructions for all other requirements to complete your application for financial assistance.
- The priority grant deadline for new J.D. students is March 15, 2016 even if a student has not yet been accepted. Students who apply for grant assistance and submit all required forms after this deadline will be considered for grants based on available funding. If additional funding becomes available, late applications that were not awarded grant aid will be re-evaluated in October 2016.
- The deadline for returning students is May 20, 2016. Students who apply for grant assistance and submit all required forms after this deadline will be considered for grants based on available funding. If additional funding becomes available, late applications that were not awarded grant aid will be re-evaluated in October 2016.
The following documents are not required if you are applying for loans only but will be required before an award package that includes grant assistance becomes final.
- Signed copy of Student's 2015 Federal Income Tax Return with all schedules or Statement of Non-Filing. If a federal tax return has not been filed, a Statement of Non-Filing will be reviewed. If requested by the Student Finance Office, official documentation from IRS must be submitted regarding the taxpayer's exemption from filing. If such documentation is not submitted and/or it is determined that the taxpayer is NOT exempt from filing a tax return, the student will NOT be considered for tuition remission grant OR Federal Stafford Loans. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT TAX WORKSHEETS OR STATE INCOME TAX RETURNS.