Before leaving your home country:
- Make sure your passport is valid, and will be for your entire stay.
- Purchase international health care and insurance.
- Contact the International Student & Scholar Services office at UConn for help with specific visas.
- Secure accommodations.
- Buy local currency.
When you have arrived safely in Connecticut:
- Attend all Orientation events.
- Open a bank account.
- Figure out monthly accommodation payment.
- Arrange to pay tuition, if applicable.
- Prepare for the beginning of classes.