This checklist is primarily for J.D. students from the United States. International exchange students should be in contact with the International Program Office for assistance with admissions and LL.M. students should be in contact with the Graduate Studies Office.
Get Set Up
- Find and activate your Net ID and complete your profile in the PeopleSoft Student Administration System.
- Visit the Information Technology tab of the Student Portal. Complete the Getting Started section to set up your UConn email and other online accounts.
- Upload a photo for your UConn Husky One Card ID.
- Sign up for the University Alert Notification System.
- Register for Parking
Finish Your Paperwork
- Submit your undergraduate transcript and college certification form to the Admissions Office
- Send your immunization records to the Registrar’s Office.
- Review your health insurance needs.
Pay Your Tuition
- Review your tuition payment options. [Payment for the first semester is due August 26, except for any amount deferred pending student loan disbursement. You must pay for the full semester unless you sign up for the tuition installment payment plan.]
- Complete the FERPA privacy waiver to allow your parents or others to access your financial and other specifically defined records.
If You Have Federal Loans …
- If you are receiving a Stafford loan, complete the Stafford Master Promissory Note.*
- If you are receiving a graduate PLUS loan, complete the PLUS Master Promissory Note.*
- If you are receiving a Stafford or graduate PLUS loan, complete federal loan entrance counseling and a PLUS Loan application for student.*
- Authorize use of financial aid to cover university charges by completing a Title IV Waiver.
- Sign up for direct deposit for any refunds owed to you.
* For these purposes, indicate the University of Connecticut, NOT the School of Law.
If You’re From Out of State …
- Review the process for becoming a Connecticut resident. [This is crucial information that can help reduce your costs in future academic years.]