- Attend the 1L fall programming sessions.
- Request an academic advisor through Student Services.
- Attend Academic Success Workshops.
- Attend Career Planning Center (CPC) Orientation.
- Schedule initial CPC counseling appointment.
- Interested students participate in Davis Mock Trial Competition.
- 1LD students register for Spring statutory/regulatory elective.
- 1LD students participate in required Negotiation interterm.
- Once fall grades are posted, review your fall final exams and review with faculty members if available.
- Meet with CPC staff to create a career development plan.
- Make an appointment with a faculty member for individualized course advising
- Craft your academic plan.
- Attend Clinic and Experiential Learning information session.
- Pre-register for fall courses. 1LE students will be automatically enrolled in Constitutional and/or Property law and can pre-register for statutory/regulatory course and one elective.
- Attend the CPC’s legal market update.
- Apply for Global Exchange, Semester in DC or Vermont Exchange.
- Participate in the Loiselle Moot Court Competition.
- Attend Judicial Clerkship program(s) to learn about the application process and how to secure letters of recommendation.
- Apply for financial aid, including the institutional form and FAFSA.
- Complete Public Interest Law Group (PILG) summer fellowship application.
- Attend Inter-Journal Write-on Competition information session.
- Attend mandatory externship meeting if participating in externship.
- Pre-register for summer courses and complete summer financial aid application.
- 1LE students participate in required Negotiation class.
- Pick-up and complete Inter-Journal Write-on Competition problem.
- Be aware of, and meet, application deadlines for fall recruiting programs and federal government honors programs.
- Accept financial aid award letter.
- Once spring grades are posted, review your spring final exams and review with faculty members if available.
- Complete and submit all summer externship requirements and evaluations.