Health, Safety, and Wellness
The Law School Health & Safety committee provides the following information and resources about campus safety. In an emergency, dial 911.
- University Work/Life Connection Website
It is a constant challenge to balance the many facets of our lives. The University of Connecticut is committed to providing an educational and working environment for students, faculty, and staff that recognizes the demands of study, work, and personal life, and promotes flexibility in meeting these demands.
- Area Fitness Centers
The Law School has a small fitness center in the William F. Starr Hall basement. Hours of operation are posted on the door. There are also a number of fitness centers close to the campus.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The EAP is a confidential assessment, brief counseling, and referral service available to all employees, designed to assist in the identification and resolution of any personal problem that may be affecting an employee’s job.
- State Health Enhancement Program (HEP)
- Local Walk-in Clinics
- Staying Safe in the Workplace
The University is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for our employees, students and visitors, which is also supportive of our educational, research and service missions.
- Reporting an injury
- Employees: please report injuries to your supervisor, who will fill out the injury report form
- Students: please report injuries that occur on campus to the assistant dean of students and the UConn Police
- Members of the public: please report injuries that occur on campus to the UConn Police at 860-570-5173
University Policies and Information
- University Policy on Health and Safety
- University Policy on Space Heaters
- Workplace Hazard Assessment
- Health Center's Information on Office Ergonomics
- University Health and Safety Training and Courses
- Additional information and University policies are located on the Division of Environmental Health and Safety website.