At this symposium, speakers will discuss the current and future status of immigration policy and reform at both the federal and state level. Participants will receive perspectives from top scholars in the area of federal policy, and will learn first-hand from state practitioners on how Connecticut is leading the way in immigration reform. Additionally, both panels will address the daily challenges facing immigration attorneys and their clients, and the need for continued action on both a federal and state level.
- Stacy Caplow, Professor of Law, Associate Dean for Professional Legal Education, Brooklyn Law School
- Howard F. Chang, Earle Hepburn Professor of Law, University of Pennsylvania Law School
- Joseph Landau, Associate Professor of Law, Fordham Law School
- Phillip L. Torrey '08, Lecturer on Law, Harvard Immigration and Refugee Clinical Program, Harvard Law School
Moderator: Jon Bauer, Clinical Professor of Law and Richard D. Tulisano '69 Scholar in Human Rights, University of Connecticut School of Law
- Milagros Cruz '90, Principal, Milagros Immigration
- Cynthia Exner, Law Offices of Cynthia R. Exner L.L.C.
- Renee C. Redman, Law Office of Renee C. Redman LLC
- Jennifer Strait Rodriguez, Rodriguez Immigration Law Firm, LLC and Chair, American Immigration Lawyers Association: Connecticut
Moderator: Mathilde Cohen, Associate Professor of Law and Robert D. Glass Scholar, UConn Law