CANCELATION: Due to the weather related closing, this event has been canceled. Questions can be directed to the event contact below.
The UConn Law Human Rights Law Association will host Visting Professor Dr. Nkoli Aniekwu. Dr. Aniekwu is a professor of Law at the University of Benin, Benin City, Nigeria. She focuses on a number of different areas of law but much of it is tied to human rights and gender and reproduction law. This event is an excellent opportunity for students to talk to Dr. Aniekwu and explore current human rights topics.
Dr. Aniekwu's past keynote presentations include:
- Protection of Environmental Human Rights in the Oil Producing States of Nigeria: The Ogoni Experience
- Human Rights, Environmental Issues and Oil Production in the Niger Delta
- Implementing Gender Specific Human Rights in Nigeria
- Reviewing the Impact of Culture on Reproductive Health and Rights in Nigeria
- The Regulatory and Legal Framework for Health Sector Reform in Nigeria
- Legal and Human Rights Issues Relating to HIV/AIDS