This event is designed for Law School students and graduates to learn more about the wide number of career possibilities for those who hold a J.D. A panel of speakers from a variety of careers will speak about how they accessed their careers and how their J.D. best serves them. The event will end with a reception, which will allow an opportunity for attendees to speak directly with the panelists.
- Portia D. Allen - Manager of Community Investments, United Way of the Pioneer Valley
- Melanie Dykas '10 - Lobbyist and Associate Attorney, Halloran & Sage, LLP
- Sherri McKelvey '91 - AVP Regional Claims Officer, Chubb Group of Insurance Companies
- Gregory Miller '91 - Portfolio Manager, Bradley, Foster, Sargent, Inc., Investment Advisory Firm
- Jeremy Sauer '12 - Legislative Attorney, Connecticut General Assembly, Legislative Commissioners' Office
Moderator: Karen DeMeola '96, Assistant Dean of Students
This event is sponsored by the Connecticut Bar Association / Young Lawyers Section, UConn Law's Career Planning Center, and the American Constitution Society.