Twenty-one UConn School of Law students will work for non-profit and government agencies in the summer of 2016 as the recipients of public interest fellowships.
"These many opportunities are a testament to the law school’s mission of public service, and a fine way to repay the support we receive from the people of this state," Dean Timothy Fisher said. "This list reflects the confluence of several great things about our school: a high level of student commitment to public service; the sustained success of our PILG program and auction; the support of alumni and institutional support for fellowships; and finally, our positive impact on the communities of which we are a part."
Students receiving Public Interest Law Group (PILG) fellowships are:
- Pamela Alberca '17, District Attorney's Office, Queens, N.Y.
- Kelsey Bannon '18, Greater Hartford Legal Aid, Hartford, Conn.
- Jamie Druzinsky '17, Chittenden County Public Defender, Burlington, Vt.
- Raymond Gauvreau '18, Greater Hartford Legal Aid, Hartford, Conn.
- Christina Gill '18, Center for Children's Advocacy, Hartford, Conn.
- Kaitlin Kontyko '17, Connecticut Fair Housing Center, Hartford, Conn.
- Joyce Lee '18, Center for Children's Advocacy, Hartford, Conn.
- Elizabeth Miske '18, Permanent Commission on the Status of Women, Hartford, Conn.
- Evelyn O'Regan '17, Greater Boston Legal Services, Cambridge/Somerville, Mass.
- Claire Pariano '18, NYC Administration for Children's Services, Bronx Family Court, Bronx, N.Y.
- Heidi Schneider '17, Institute for Justice, Arlington, Va.
- Kevin Semataska '18, Connecticut Division of Public Defender Services, Psychiatric Defense Unit, Hartford/Middletown, Conn.
- Igers Vangjeli '18, Greater Hartford Legal Aid, Hartford, Conn.
Students receiving William F. Starr Public Sector/Government fellowships are:
- Aine DeMeo '18, Connecticut Office of the Attorney General, Hartford, Conn.
- Lauren Fazzino '18, Connecticut Department of Children and Families, New Haven, Conn.
- Michael Knortz '17, Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection, Hartford, Conn.
- Adrianna Michalska '18 , Connecticut Office of the Attorney General, Hartford, Conn.
- Nathaniel Pranaitis '17, District Attorney's Office, Worcester, Mass.
- Sydney Souder '18, Connecticut Office of the Secretary of State, Hartford, Conn.
Dina Naiem '17 will work at the United Nations Refugee Agency in Washington, D.C., under the Human Rights Institute Fellowship, and Gregory Hall '18 will work in the Child Exploitation and Obscenity Section of the U.S. Department of Justice in Washington, D.C., under the Thomas J. Meskill Fellowship.