Twenty-one UConn School of Law students are hard at work this summer for government and non-profit agencies as the recipients of public interest fellowships.
"I'm inspired to see our students carry out the law school's tradition of public service and make it their own, working toward greater justice in our communities," Dean Timothy Fisher said. "Their dedication is matched by the generosity of our alumni and other donors whose gifts support public interest fellowships, to the benefit of the people of our state."
Students receiving Public Interest Law Group (PILG) fellowships are:
- Onya Brown '19, Public Interest Law Center, Philadelphia PA
- Rachel Catanese '20, Center for Children's Advocacy, Hartford CT
- Allison Conley '20, Greater Hartford Legal Aid, Hartford CT
- Jessica David '20, Greater Hartford Legal Aid, Hartford CT
- Aniella Fignon '19, Connecticut Veterans Legal Center, Woodbury CT
- Julius Graefe '20, Connecticut Office of the Attorney General, Hartford CT
- Glenn Holmes, '20, Center for Children's Advocacy, Hartford CT
- Stephanie Javarauckas '20, Committee for Public Counsel Services, Springfield MA
- Hannah Kalichman '20, Connecticut Office of the Attorney General, Hartford CT
- Jennifer Labbadia '20, New Haven Legal Aid Association, New Haven CT
- Whitney Lorello '20, Office of State's Attorney, New Haven CT
- Elizabeth Panico '19, Office of the Chief Public Defender, Child Protection Unit, Hartford CT
- Jessica Seidman '19, New York State Homes and Community Renewal, New York NY
Students receiving William F. Starr Public Sector/Government fellowships are:
- William Bosworth '20, Connecticut Division of Public Defender Services, Hartford CT
- Jennifer Buckler '20, Connecticut Division of Public Defender Services, Vernon CT
- Daniel Chapple '20, U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut, Hartford CT
- Adam Kuegler '20, U.S. Attorney's Office, District of Connecticut, New Haven CT
- Abby Marchinkoski '19, Connecticut Office of the Chief State's Attorney, Civil Litigation Bureau, Rocky Hill CT
- Jessica Zaccagnino '20, Office of the Secretary of State, Hartford CT
Shehrezad Haroon '19 is working at the New Haven Legal Assistance Association, Inc., in Southington, Connecticut, under a Human Rights Institute Fellowship. Charles Bloom '20 is working at the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut in Hartford under a Thomas J. Meskill Fellowship.