As UConn Law School enters its second century, we have begun to reenvision how our beautiful campus can better meet the needs of the next generation of law students. In this Campus Master Plan, we set forth a ten-year plan that will ensure the Law School remains a center for academic excellence. Download the entire Master Plan (PDF).
Here are some key changes:
- Knight Hall is transformed into a student-focused building, with modern law journal offices, student organization facilities, and a new fitness and wellness area.
- William F. Starr Hall houses all clinics under one roof, marrying the public functions of the Reading Room with the public services provided by our clinical program.
- Hosmer Hall, a primary faculty hub, is more inviting, with an updated main entrance, new conference rooms that support Janet M. Blumberg Hall, and interior improvements (including a second elevator).
- The Thomas J. Meskill Law Library continues its place as the center for campus life, with the potential for 11 new faculty offices, a facility for adjuncts, and a more welcoming entryway.
- Chase Hall improves its usability as our administrative and classroom building, with new bathrooms, a staff lounge, and reconfigured offices.
- An outdoor classroom and seating areas make the most of our historic campus, listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Now that we have identified campus plan goals in concept, we are working to develop a few of the “big ideas” in further detail. All of these changes will take time, and we are working now to identify funding sources. Both Knight Hall and Hosmer Hall represent significant naming opportunities, but we will need support of all kinds to realize the vision in the Campus Master Plan. Stay tuned to this website as additional pieces of this vision are developed.
For questions about the Campus Master Plan, please contact Professor Sara Bronin, Thomas F. Gallivan Endowed Chair in Real Property Law and Chair of the Facilities Committee. For information about opportunities to participate in the realization of the Campus Master Plan, please contact Ron Fleury, Director of Development.