100 Years of Women Scholarship Sponsored by the University of Connecticut Women's Center
The 100 Years of Women Scholarship Fund was established in 1992 to honor a current UConn student or a high school senior planning to enroll in the University of Connecticut, who, as a role model or advocate, has advanced the role and contributions of women in society. The mission of the Women’s Center is to educate, advocate, and provide support services for the achievement of women’s equity at the university and within the community at large.
The scholarship award ranges from $250 to $1,000.
- demonstrate a commitment to women’s issues through service to their community or school;
- be a current UConn undergraduate or graduate student who will be enrolled for the entire Fall 2013/Spring 2014 academic year, or be a high school senior planning to enroll at UConn;
- be in need of financial assistance; and
- demonstrate high academic performance.
To apply, applicants must complete and submit:
- an application form (found on the Women’s Center website);
- an unofficial transcript;
- a resume or curriculum vitae; and
- two letters of recommendation from individuals who can comment on their commitment and service to women’s issues.
Requested documents should be forwarded to:
UConn Women’s Center
2110 Hillside Road, Unit 3118
Student Union, Room 421
Storrs, CT 06269
For more information, please call the UConn Women’s Center (860-486-4738) or the UConn Office of Student Financial Aid Services at (860-486-2819), or visit the Women’s Center website.