If you are interested in hosting an event at the Law School, please use the following list to help plan your event:
- View the Space Planning Calendar to determine if your date is available.
- If you want the Dean to make remarks or have a role in your event please contact the Dean's office for available dates.
- Once you have selected a date, please complete a Room Reservation Request and add your event to the pending calendar. Be sure to include your email address in the contact information line. Please note that adding an event to the pending calendar does not guarantee that the room is available or your event is approved. If your event is approved you will receive an email confirming the date and location.
- Once your event is approved, please add your event to the web calendar for promotion.
- Select a room layout and communicate that selection to External Relations at least two weeks prior to the event.
- Student organizations should ensure that they are following the event policies and procedures set out by the Law School and the SBA.
- If you represent a student organization and need assistance creating a budget, please contact the External Relations office.
- Contact vendor if serving food and/or alcohol. Please refer to the food/catering policy as well as the alcohol policy.
- If you are serving food at your event, please complete the RSVP request form.
- Please contact IT for all technology needs including microphones, Powerpoint, projection, teleconferencing and video playback.
- Please review and follow the WordMark Policy to ensure the proper use of the University brand. All student requests to use the brand must be approved by Student Services and all other uses must be approved prior to distribution (hardcopy and electronic).
- If your event requires nameplates for panelists please check-out the plastic holders from the Law Library circulation desk and use the nameplate templates to create the inserts.
Questions about events should be directed to the director of special projects.