Equal Justice Works (EJW) Fellows are responsible for top-quality projects in locations all across the country. Projects should address the full range of civil legal issues faced by low-income and other vulnerable populations. Geographic and subject areas in which they expect particularly strong sponsor interest include:
- Geographic Areas: Atlanta; Boston; California (Central Valley, Los Angeles, and the San Francisco Bay Area); Chicago; Florida; Minnesota (Twin Cities); New Jersey (especially Newark); Ohio; Texas; and Washington, D.C .
- Issue Areas: Veterans’ Rights; Immigration, Human Trafficking; Healthcare and Medical-Legal Partnerships; Children’s Rights and Education; Consumer Protection; and Mortgage Fraud
In addition, there will almost certainly be funding available for fellowships hosted at the following Host Organizations:
- D.C. Access to Justice Foundation organizations (Raise the Bar) - Washington, D.C.
- Kids in Need of Defense (KIND) - Nationwide
- National Women’s Law Center (employment discrimination projects) - Washington, D.C.
- Ohio Legal Assistance Foundation grantees - Ohio
- Texas Access to Justice Foundation grantees – Texas
Equal Justice Works will be posting updated information about sponsor preferences on its website throughout the summer. To learn more about the program, learn more about EJW Fellows and sign up for a free webinar on tips for applying, please visit the EJW Fellows website.
Any questions about the program can be emailed to email@example.com.
Applications must be submitted no later than September 17th at 5:00 p.m. EDT.