Wireless @ UConn Law
The UConn public wireless network allows faculty, staff, and students with a NetID, authenticated access to the network. When you open your browser and type an address, you will be re-directed to the login page.
How do I connect?
- If you don’t already have one, purchase a wireless adapter. Install the wireless network adapter software and hardware per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Identify and go to a wireless locations at the Law School.
- Configure the wireless network adapter / operating system to locate and connect to UCONN-PUBLIC.
- Open the web browser to register the wireless session.
- Login with your NetID and password to authenticate and begin your wireless session.
If your computer has a compatible card and is already configured to connect to public networks, you will most likely join automatically to the UConn wireless network and see a login screen when you open your browser.
Please note that the UCONN-PUBLIC network is an unsecured network. Alternatevely, you can configure your system to join UCONN-SECURE, a secure wireless network.
You will need a computer with an 802.11b/g wireless network adapter. Almost any IEEE 802.11b/g card will work with the UConn wireless network. We do not recommend any specific brands of adapters.
General settings required to connect to the public network (non OS specific)
- SSID (case sensitive) = UCONN-PUBLIC
- Network Type = Infrastructure
- Network Security = None
- Data Encryption = None
- Access Point Authentication = OPEN
- World Mode = OFF
For more information, FAQ’s and Troubleshooting, visit http://wireless.uconn.edu