Understanding Recent Tax Changes
October 26, 2009
William R. Davis Courtroom, William F. Starr Hall
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- When: October 26, 2009, 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Where: William F. Starr Hall - William R. Davis Courtroom
The Tax Law Society presents:
UNDERSTANDING RECENT TAX CHANGES
Moderated by Professor Richard Pomp
Our distinguished panelists:
- Vincent Candelora: Connecticut State Representative, 86th Assembly District - East Haven, North Branford & Wallingford; Ranking member of the legislature’s Finance Revenue and Bonding Committee.
- Bill Curry: Former Connecticut State Senator and White House Adviser in the Clinton Administration
- Dean Pagani: Vice President of Public Affairs for Cashman and Katz Integrated Communications in Glastonbury, and former adviser to former Connecticut Governor John Rowland
- Cameron Staples : Connecticut State Representative, 96th Assembly District - Hamden and New Haven
Sushi will be served at 5:30pm and the panel will begin promptly at 6:00pm.
Professor Pomp intends to have the panelists discuss recent tax changes and prognosticate about the future. We then will open up the floor for questions.
This event is partially or fully paid for by the student body of UConn Law, under the direction of the Student Bar Association. All law students are invited and encouraged to participate.
- - - - -
TLS is a coalition of students dedicated to educating its members and peers on tax-related issues, fostering relevant discussion, networking with tax professionals, and offering opportunities to service our local community.
Questions? Email the Tax Law Society.
Recent Homepage Highlights
Andraya Pulaski '13 clearly remembers the day she decided she wanted to be a lawyer. She was 10 and spent a day shadowing a friend’s father at his firm. Now she is on the verge of fulfilling that dream.
On May 21, Professor Richard A. Wilson will present "International Law of Speech Crimes" as part of a series of guest lectures at the International Criminal Court, The Netherlands.
On May 20, the Law School's Insurance Law Center will present a symposium on Lawyers Professional Liability. The event is being presented in cooperation with the Hartford Chapter of the Professional Liability Underwriting Society.
On May 17, Professor Richard Pomp will be a presenter at the 10th Annual New Mexico Tax Policy Conference in Albuquerque.
On May 15, Professor Darcy Kirk will be the luncheon speaker at the annual meeting of the New Jersey Law Librarians Association where she will update the group on the activities of the Association of American Law Libraries (AALL). Kirk currently serves as president of the AALL.
Professor Richard A. Wilson will deliver three talks in Oslo, Norway on May 14 and 15 including "Gangster's Paradise? Framing Crime in Sub-Saharan Africa" at the Department of Social Anthropology at the University of Oslo.