After a month many 1Ls might be wondering why they are here. In law school, that is. Well, this is not a new feeling. Legal Research and Writing Instructor Mary Dunnewold and the rest of the Hamline legal writing faculty ran a contest to see who among the 1L classes of 2008 and 2009 could best express the beginning 1L experience in six words. The results, culled from two years of entries, are in and are published at Dunnewold, Why Am I Here? Six-Word Stories about the First Month of Law School, 59 Journal of Legal Education 653 (2010). The winner got a T-shirt. Of course.
Some favorites -
- Lost: sanity. Last seen: before orientation.
- I know the answer - it depends.
- Just who is this reasonable person?
Some librarian favorites -
- The library is my new home.
- The library should start charging rent.