Paid Sick Leave Policy
Student employees working at the University of Connecticut are eligible for Paid Sick Leave after completing 680 hours of employment.
- Accrual of Paid Sick Leave begins January 1, 2012 or upon subsequent initial date of hire.
- Accrual = one (1) hour of Paid Sick Leave for every forty (40) hours actually worked.
- Paid Sick Leave may be used only upon completion of the 680th hour of employment with the University of Connecticut.
- Upon eligibility, a student employee may claim Paid Sick Leave only for prescheduled hours of work.
- Sick Leave is paid at the respective student's regular hourly wage, for the job in which the Sick Leave is claimed.
- The UConn Payroll Department will send email notification to both a student employee and the Law School Student Employment Program Office, informing all parties of Paid Sick Leave eligibility and hourly balances.