Fall Semester Tips
Welcome back! We hope you had a great summer. Here are a few reminders and tips to help you have a great semester. And remember: When in doubt, ask! Staff members at the Circulation and Reference Desks are happy to answer any questions you may have.
- Open Carrel Reservations: Open carrel reservations will start in mid-September on a first come, first served basis. Watch your email for more details.
- Study Rooms: We have two new study rooms on the north side of the 5th floor. Reservations can be made for groups of three or more at the Circulation Desk.
- Reserve Collection: Reserve materials now circulate for three hours and overnight. The collection, located behind the Circulation Desk, includes hornbooks, nutshells, current editions of Examples and Explanations and Emanuel Outlines Series, current periodicals, selected Connecticut materials, headphones, audiocassette players, remote controls for the library’s TVs, VCRs, and DVDs, network cables, and items placed on course reserve by professors. We also keep copies of course evaluations, grade distributions, and class rankings. Professor’s past exams are available on reserve and online at http://www.law.uconn.edu/students/.
- Library Hours: The library’s regular hours are: Monday-Thursday 8am-11pm, Friday 8am-9pm, Saturday 9am-5pm, and Sunday 1pm-9pm. Detailed information about schedule deviations, including holidays and intersessions can be found at: http://www.law.uconn.edu/library/libinfo/libcal.php.
- Reference: Reference assistance is available on the main floor of the library, seven days a week during the academic year. Reference librarians will be at the desk during the following hours when classes are in session: Monday-Thursday 9am-8pm, Friday 9am-5pm, and Saturday-Sunday 1pm-5pm. Our ‘Chat with a Librarian’ feature on the library’s home page is a great way to ask questions when outside the library.