Lincoln handled more than 5,000 cases during his 25-year legal career. He was an effective trial advocate who had the ability to convey his arguments in homespun language that jurors understood and a skilled appellate lawyer who had one of the largest caseloads before the Illinois Supreme Court.
For more about Lincoln’s legal career, check out the following online sources:
- Lincoln Law Career Photo Tour
- Law Practice of Abraham Lincoln Online
- The Trailor Murder Mystery
- Lincoln’s Notes for a Law Lecture
- Lincoln’s Advice to Lawyers
or these titles from the library’s collection: