20th PILG Auction
- When: November 9, 2012, 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Where: William F. Starr Hall - Reading Room
6:00 pm Silent Auction Begins
Opening Remarks from Interim Dean Willajeanne McLean
Featuring Golden Gravel Auctioneer: Patrick Soucy
Emcee: Jay Klein ’13
CHECK OUT THE FULL PROGRAM
The annual PILG Auction benefits the PILG endowment held at the University of Connecticut School of Law Foundation, a 501(c)(3) entity. The PILG endowment in turn funds fellowships for students working in uncompensated summer public interest positions. Over the last twenty years, more than two hundred students have been awarded fellowships to pursue a wide variety of public interest endeavors nationally and internationally. Last year, fourteen students received fellowships serving in Georgia, Washington, DC, Illinois, New York, Massachusetts and, of course, in our home state of Connecticut.
A Taste of This Year’s Auction:
Bid on an opportunity to take a night (or a week) off and have some fun:
- One 10-day stay at a home on Fire Island, any time before Memorial Day or after Labor Day
- Two opportunities to bid on a week timeshare in Mexico
- Admission for six for a free Friday or Saturday tour and tasting at the Thomas Hooker Brewery in Bloomfield
- Ticket Voucher for 2 tickets to Hall & Oats November 30th 8:00pm at Foxwoods
- Four tickets to UConn football game 6, December 1st at Rentschler Field
- Two lift tickets at Ski Sundown in Connecticut
- Two vouchers for lift tickets at Burke Mountain in Vermont
- Two tickets to the Harriet Beecher Stowe Center
- Four tickets to the Wadsworth Atheneum
- Two raft rides at North Country Rivers in Maine
- Four tickets to comedy show at City Steam Brewery Café
- Tickets to a Woolsey Hall concert at Yale University
- Lift tickets to the Ragged Mountain Resort in New Hampshire . . . AND MORE!
Bid on fun for the whole family:
- Three month basic family membership at the Mandell Jewish Community Center
- Tickets to Hartford Funny Bone
- A household membership to the New Britain Museum of American Art
- Nights of babysitting compliments of our very own UConn Law students . . . AND MORE!
Bid on an opportunity to enjoy some quality time with your favorite Professors:
- Join Professors Jon Bauer, Peter Siegelman, Tim Everett '84 and Michael Fischl on a canoe trip on the Upper Farmington River, a scenic 10 miles starting in Riverton, CT and including rapids! For a group of 4-6 students, on a date to be arranged in late May/early June or late August/early September. Lunch will be provided.
- Lunch with Professor Lofty Becker at Shish Kebab House of Afghanistan in West Hartford
- Dinner with Dean Emeritus Phillip I. Blumberg and Chief Justice (ret.) Ellen Ash Peters at Max’s Downtown, Peppercorn, or La Costa del Sol
- Lunch with Professor Diana Leyden '92 and 4 others at Shish Kebab House of Afghanistan in West Hartford
- Golf outing (18 holes) for group of 6 with Professor Mark W. Janis and Professor Jim Stark
- Lunch or dinner for 4 students with Professor Robin Barnes
- Sailing trip with Professor Kurt Strasser . . . AND MORE!
Bid on the chance to enjoy the talents of your fellow students and faculty:
- Tarot card reading party for six - private reading for each individual by Deb Booker
- Receive a Baked goods every month for the spring semester compliments of Jocelyn Kennedy
- One hour tennis lesson with tennis pro Brian Kluberdanz to be held at Elizabeth Park
- One hour French lesson to be held at UCONN Law Library with Alexandra Roisman
- One hour golf lesson to be held at Tumble Brook Country Club in Bloomfield with Alexandra Roisman . . . AND MORE
Bid on an eclectic mix of gift certificates:
Free Venus Whitening Procedure from the Hartford Dental Group, valued at $499; $50 to Vito’s By the Park; $100 to Daswani Clothiers; Two gift certificates for 1 hour of personal training at Akua Ba Fitness; $25 to Blackbear Saloon; Two $25 gift certificates to Damon’s Tavern; $25 to The Little Rendezvous Restaurant; $25 to Stop & Shop; $75 to Kennedy’s All American Barber Club; $25 to Pinkberry; $20 to Taqueria Tavern; $50 to O’Porto; $50 to Half Door; $25 to DiRosa Cleaners; $50 to The Hair Color Company & Spa; $25 to A Little Something Bakery; $25 to Frame Dimensions; $20 to GoldRoc II Diner; $25 to Target; $15 to Wings Over West Hartford; $20 to Moe’s Southwest Grill; $35.00 to First and Last Tavern in Avon; $25 to Golfer’s Warehouse; $25 to Lena’s Pizza; two $25 gift certificates to Brookside Bagels
. . . AND MORE!
Recent Homepage Highlights
Andraya Pulaski '13 clearly remembers the day she decided she wanted to be a lawyer. She was 10 and spent a day shadowing a friend’s father at his firm. Now she is on the verge of fulfilling that dream.
On May 21, Professor Richard A. Wilson will present "International Law of Speech Crimes" as part of a series of guest lectures at the International Criminal Court, The Netherlands.
On May 20, the Law School's Insurance Law Center will present a symposium on Lawyers Professional Liability. The event is being presented in cooperation with the Hartford Chapter of the Professional Liability Underwriting Society.
On May 17, Professor Richard Pomp will be a presenter at the 10th Annual New Mexico Tax Policy Conference in Albuquerque.
On May 15, Professor Darcy Kirk will be the luncheon speaker at the annual meeting of the New Jersey Law Librarians Association where she will update the group on the activities of the Association of American Law Libraries (AALL). Kirk currently serves as president of the AALL.
Professor Richard A. Wilson will deliver three talks in Oslo, Norway on May 14 and 15 including "Gangster's Paradise? Framing Crime in Sub-Saharan Africa" at the Department of Social Anthropology at the University of Oslo.