Environmental Justice is the fair treatment and meaningful involvement of all people regardless of race, color, national origin, or income with respect to the development, implementation, and enforcement of environmental laws, regulations, and policies. Dinner will be served to attendees who RSVP by the specified deadline.
Confirmed panelists include:
- Lori Gruen - Professor of Philosophy, Feminist, Gender and Sexuality Studies, and Environmental Studies, Wesleyan University
- Sharon Lewis - Executive Director, Connecticut Coalition for Environmental Justice
- Dwight H. Merriam - Founder of Robinson & Cole LLP's Land Use Group. Land Use Professor at UConn Law. M.R.P., University of North Carolina, Planning
- Edith Pestana, M.P.H. - Administrator, Environmental Justice Program at the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection
- Jenny Rushlow - Staff attorney and director of the Farm & Food Initiative for Conservation Law Foundation Massachusetts working in the Clean Energy & Climate Change and Healthy Communities & Environmental Justice programs.
The event will be moderated by Emilee Mooney Scott '10 of Robinson & Cole LLP Land Law Section