Requesting a financial aid refund
Students must request a refund of their financial aid provided that:
- They are fully registered,
- The financial aid has been PAID to the account, and
- they have been billed.
Expect to receive half of your financial aid in the fall semester and the other half of your aid in the spring semester. Students attending only one semester will receive the second half of any student loans halfway through the semester.
Financial aid refunds are not typically available until the beginning of any given semester when lenders actually disburse the loans.
You may apply for your balance by completing a Student Refund Request. If you choose to request by a paper form you may submit the paperwork to the Bursar's/Business Office. Any remaining balance of award checks not picked up will be mailed to your home address at the end of the semester
Checks issued in error
In the event that the Bursar's Office issues you a check in error the University reserves the right to reclaim such funds.
Special rules and exceptions
All refunds based on personal check payments will be held for 30 days, unless proof of the check clearing (e.g., bank statement) is provided.
- Enrollment status must match financial aid packaging status (e.g., full-time, part-time, etc.) and the fee bill
- Payments made by credit card will be refunded to your credit card account
- Check requests require three (3) days to process from the time the request is received by the Bursar's office. Occasionally this time frame may be longer due to the number of requests.