Critical Identity Theory
- Class number: 13617
- Term: Fall 2012
- Instructor: Demeola,Karen L.
This course examines the interplay between law and various axes of identity, including gender, race, ethnicity, class, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, and disability status. Students in this seminar will analyze how legal definitions and legal rights (or the lack of rights) affect the construction of individual and group identities. Requirements include: (1) written reflections on the weekly readings, and (2) a term paper.
- Date: Monday 09:30-12:30PM
- Location: ST7
- Catalog number-Section number: 7767-01
- Course Type: Seminar
- Prerequisites: May Satisfy Writing Req.
- Credits (min/max): 3/3
- Enrollment status: Closed
- Current enrollment/capacity: 17/18
- Reserve population/capacity: 0/0
- Waitlist enrollment/capacity: 5/50
- Grade basis: Graded
- Satisifies Writing Requirement: UCWR
- Exam type: NO EXAM