Clinic: State's Atty's Extern
Students in this clinic will intern with state prosecutors in various venues throughout the state. Students will perform lawyering tasks and be certified to appear in court, where they may argue motions, examine witnesses and perform other lawyering functions under appropriate supervision. Students will be encouraged to reflect upon their performance and will receive detailed feedback from their supervisors. A weekly, two-hour seminar will provide training in the relevant law and skills, as well as guided discussion on tactical, ethical and other issues arising in students' actual cases. In addition to the seminar, students will be expected to perform 8-12 hours of field work per week. Criminal Procedure is a prerequisite; it is also helpful, but not required, to take Evidence before or simultaneously with this clinic. Students must also be enrolled in LAW 797, the fieldwork compenent of the course. Students who enroll in this clinic will be subject to a criminal background check before matriculation. Prerequisite: Criminal Procedure (LAW 645).
- Date: Thursday 6:30-8:30PM
- Location: KT 201
- Catalog number-Section number: 7796-10
- Course Type: Clinic
- Prerequisites: Prerequisite: Criminal Procedure (7645).
- Credits (min/max): 2/2
- Notes: Upon successful enrollment in the clinic, students will be enrolled by the Office of the Registrar in an additional component of the course (additional 2 credits). The actual enrollment limit of this course is 6 students, 2 seat has been reserved for evening students. The requisite of Criminal Procedure (LAW 7645) has been removed to permit priority enrollment. Students who do not meet the requisites of the course will need instructor permission to remain enrolled.
- Enrollment status: Open
- Current enrollment/capacity: 5/6
- Reserve population/capacity: 0/0
- Waitlist enrollment/capacity: 0/50
- Grade basis: Graded
- Satisifies Writing Requirement: No
- Exam type: NO EXAM