- Class number: 13481
- Term: Fall 2009
This seminar will focus on developing the legal skills required by an attorney advising a client who is buying or selling a closely held business. The seminar will provide students with practical experience in drafting transaction documents and engaging in negotiations. Topics covered will include alternative transaction structures, letters of intent, acquisition agreement components, due diligence and disclosure schedules and negotiation of risk allocation. Students will also review various court cases, transaction documentation and articles.
- Date: Thursday 4:00-6:00PM
- Location: LB519
- Catalog number-Section number: 7754-01
- Course Type: Seminar
- Prerequisites: Pre/Co requisite: Business Organizations (7605).
- Credits (min/max): 2/2
- Enrollment status: Closed
- Current enrollment/capacity: 17/18
- Reserve population/capacity: 0/0
- Waitlist enrollment/capacity: 17/50
- Grade basis: Graded
- Satisifies Writing Requirement: No
- Exam type: TAKE HOME