Fed Tax Practice/Procedure
- Class number: 9727
- Term: Spring 2008
- Instructor: TBA
This course includes the study of the U.S. tax system, the administration of the Internal Revenue Code by the I.R.S., request for administrative rulings, the handling of audits, the treatment of tax deficiencies and penalties, closing and compromise agreements, statutes of limitation, hearings before the Appeals division, litigation in the U.S. Tax Court, the Federal District Court and U.S. Court of Claims, tax liens, and the civil and criminal aspects of fraud.
- Location: ST204
- Catalog number-Section number: 669-10
- Course Type: Lecture
- Prerequisites: Prerequisite: Federal Income Tax (661).
- Credits (min/max): 3/3
- Notes: THIS COURSE HAS BEEN CLOSED TEMPORARILY. WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED BY THE INSTRUCTOR THAT THE DAY OF THE CLASS MAY CHANGE (TO THURSDAY EVENING), THUS WE ARE NOT PERMITTING ADDITIONAL REGISTRANTS UNTIL THIS IS CONFIRMED. STUDENTS ATTEMPTING TO ENROLL NOW WILL BE WAITLISTED. (1) The actual enrollment limit of this course is 70. It has been set lower during the priority enrollment period to set aside seats for evening students. (2) Federal Income Tax (Law 661) is a prerequisite.
- Enrollment status: Closed
- Current enrollment/capacity: 0/0
- Reserve population/capacity: 0/0
- Waitlist enrollment/capacity: 0/0
- Grade basis: Graded
- Satisifies Writing Requirement: No
- Exam type: PROCTORED